Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Can I use an HTML editor to edit my WordPress blog?

umaarr
Trust:

Can I use an HTML editor to edit my WordPress blog?

dear fellows,

can i use dreamweaver or any other html editor to edit my wordpress blog? i tried but i cannot make changes with wordpress admin. its very complicated. i didn't find html editor in wordpress admin. all i found is php editor and that is very complicated. plus i cant publish and link my new pages in blog. i thought it would be easy with wordpress but its way too hard for me. or may be i dont have knowledge.

i can edit theme and put picture galleries in html editor successfully. but in wordpress admin i can only add pictures in the posts. i might be doing something wrong.

please i need a little guidance here. tell me if i can use html editor like dreamweaver and others to edit my wordpress blog. if i cant then please tell me how can i make these kind of changes with wordpress admin. how can i publish and link new pages together?

all i can do is create and publish new posts on my home page.

any help will be much appreciated, whether from users or from the staff.

many thanks,

regards,
umaar
Last edited by michellerana on 11 Oct 09 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: improve title

umaarr
Trust:
please reply. i need your guidance.
i'd really appreciate your help and response.

thanks
Last edited by michellerana on 11 Oct 09 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling errors

faradina
Trust:
No, you can not use Dreamweaver or any other web design software to edit WordPress. Web design programs like Dreamweaver work in an entirely different manner from how WordPress works. While there are html elements in WordPress, the WordPress platform uses PHP scripting and thus you will have to know PHP to edit your blog's theme, if editing the appearance of your blog is what you are aiming to do.

This topic was started on Oct 09, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.