Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Best heading to maximize sign-ups

geekspeak
Trust:

Best heading to maximize sign-ups

Can anyone share with me what's the best opt in box / newsletter phrase if it's not a mini course?
Which is best for conversion?
Join
Subscribe
Get
?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Regards, Toby
jasondodd
Trust:
As much as lists get panned by a lot of online critics, they do work so maybe something along the lines of "Learn 7 top ways to beat male pattern baldness" or "5 things you never knew about raising rabbits".

Try the Bullet Point generator if you're looking for more headline ideas.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

geekspeak
Trust:
Thanks Jason, I was thinking more along the lines of just an ongoing newsletter, rather than a one off or mini course.

When I did direct sales I was told never use the words "sign up" as it often has a negative association, yet I often see IM using it in their opt in boxes?
I wondered if anyone had tested the words join or subscribe or some other phrase for conversion?

This topic was started on Aug 22, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.