Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Advice for structuring a Wordpress Website Blog Please

magnanimous
Trust:

Advice for structuring a Wordpress Website Blog Please

Okay, first let me tell you that I want to create my very first website, a Wordpress Website Blog with the domain name of LongIslandSaltwaterFishing.com. I would appreciate it if I could get some suggestions from successfull bloggers about which WP theme I might use, how many pages, and what page names I should create, and really just about anything you think would be helpfull for me to know. I don't know code but I would like to create a custom header so what should I do about that?. I would also like to know which free WP features/plugins to include in my site. I also need to know how to create large text areas and just anything else you can think of. I have WebEasy installed in my computer and I'd like to know if I can somehow create a custom header with it and then upload it onto my Wordpress site. Thanks
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Mag,
There are so many themes to choose from.
You can search for these within wordpress itself or on Google.
Some of them will allow you to upload your own header and some will not.
I recently looked at socrates wordpress theme and it is really good. It does cost money though.
It would be hard to explain all the ins and outs of making up a blog in one post here so I recommend you researching some forums on Google and maybe even get Marks Affiloblueprint here.. it is very good and will put you on the right track.
Other people on the forum here may have more input for you as well.

I just searched for a free theme and got heaps of them..
http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/tags/custom-header

I have not heard of webeasy but you can use a free program like paint.net for banners or you can get someone to do it for you.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

magnanimous
Trust:
Thanks Troy

This topic was started on Jun 28, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.