Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Who is the Keyword King? How does Google interpret KWs?

stargate66
Trust:

Who is the Keyword King? How does Google interpret KWs?

I hope you are :-) because something confuses me terribly with Google's interpretation of keywords.

I have seen so many conflicting stats and results with Google's Keyword Tool, too many to mention. The one thing that really gets me and I hope somebody can clarify this for me, is this simple question:

Do the Google spiders read only "exact match" keywords in content or do they comprehend various combinations of words in a sentence?

Example: I use a main phrase repeatedly in the content to monetize my site, let's say just for argument sake
"2010 Soccer World Cup Accommodation South Africa"

Obviously, it will recognize the following keywords should I elect to use them as keywords, because they are in logical order in the phrase:
"2010 Soccer World Cup Accommodation South Africa", "Soccer World Cup Accommodation South Africa", "World Cup Accommodation South Africa", World Cup Accommodation" etc but my question is will it see any validity or value in, for example
"2010 Accommodation" or "Soccer Cup Accommodation"?

Hope someone can help even though it sounds like a silly question :-(

Thanks
William
Last edited by michellerana on 06 May 10 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

For over all wellness you need a solid Omega 3 fatty acids intake
http://www.earth-edge.com

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
I'm not a king but my husband says I'm his queen :)

Spiders of search engines recognize significant words based on position and frequency. It would be good to use the exact phrase on your page name, title, keywords, and description.

However, the order of the keywords or splitting them up in the article doesn't really matter much as long as they're arranged relatively close together. Search engines will display the main words that were searched for not necessarily in the same order that they were typed in.

The only exception would be when people type in your keyword phrase and put it in quotes. But that rarely happens because most people don't usually search with quotes. They just type in the term.

You would also rank for the shorter phrases that include the words in the long tail keyword "2010 Soccer World Cup Accommodation South Africa".

Just use the keywords within your article in a way that they make sense. You could add or rearrange the words to make your article flow naturally.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

stargate66
Trust:
Thanks Michellerana...and so you should be - his queen I mean :-)
For over all wellness you need a solid Omega 3 fatty acids intake
http://www.earth-edge.com

This topic was started on May 06, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.