Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

What happened to my Alexa ranking?

mark schaaf
Trust:

What happened to my Alexa ranking?

I am on here a lot asking similar questions and get good answers. most of the question are about google ranking and why I haven't gotten a page rank from them yet and what it takes to get a rank, now I have a different question, I have for the most part always had an Alexa rank sure it is like 13 million and something but I had a rank. a few days ago I changed some of my web sites pages I added some stuff and changed the wording in some articles but not a lot, I updated my site and then pinged my site. I was told this is what to do to get the search engines to know I changed things. I have done this a few times in the last month and never had a problem but since doing this about 5 days ago I now have no Alexa rank either. Before I kind of didn't look at the google rank I just looked at where I showed up in the search results and I keep slowly climbing but I just don't get what happened to my Alexa rank, anyone have any ideas of what could be going on. thanks Mark
Mark

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Can you please clarify if your Alexa ranking disappeared or dropped in rankings? Can you tell us the changes that you've made and post your site URL? If you don't want to post your URL, please send us an email through our support page and we'll check your rank on our end.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

mark schaaf
Trust:
the only thing i did was add some text and changed some words in some articles because I thought it sounded better with the changes, after that I pinged my site and my Alexa rank vanished. I keep checking but it hasn't returned and it has been almost a week, my site it www.myitaliantravels.com thanks
Mark

This topic was started on Jan 01, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.