Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Trusted Sites Tool Question

redlotus
Trust:

Trusted Sites Tool Question

Hello!
I was excited to play with the Trusted Sites Tool. Typed in my keyword, got my list of links. Many of them were .edu blogs.Great! When I got to them some were articles/blogs that no one had commented in a couple of years. Are web years like dog years..I mean is it worth posting at this point or is there a statute of limitations on how relevant/current the thread needs to be?
Sorry for the noob question, but I don't want to spend my energy on efforts that are irrelevant.
Thanks for any feedback you can give me.
thenewb
Trust:
Hey man good question....... No, I don't think a page can not be too old to be of value for a linkback.

As far as I know, the older the page, the better and more trusted the link is by google. Link aging is also a factor in google algorithm, I hear, so the longer your links are out there, the stronger they can influence your rankings.

Some of those pages may not be in the primary index, or they are adding the nofollow tags to outgoing links, in both cases, this is bad for backlink value.

Best,
Nooob
redlotus
Trust:
Thanks for the information. Guess I need to add my photo..I'm a girl. Oh well ; )

This topic was started on Dec 10, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.