Affilorama Birthday
Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

torrents interfering with ranks what gives?

rubanz
Trust:

torrents interfering with ranks what gives?

so there is this one product i'm promoting and right beneath the top3 google ranks for the product name, there is this "search results for productname torrents" with 3 ranks related to that alteration of the keyword.

this keyword (with the added "torrents") doesn't even have 500 searches a month and why the heck is it here interfering with our rankings?

has anyone else had a similar frustrating experience?
wollowra
Trust:
Hey Rubanz,
Yes frustrating I know.
Torrent files tend to be linked to by hundreds of black hat sites.
So it just goes to show what some backlinking can do to your sites rankings, even if it's a bad site.
Keeo in mind, Google will catch up with them sooner or later and you can always report the site as a file sharing site to Google if you feel what they are doing is not right and offers no value.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

rubanz
Trust:
Yes well I hope Google catches up to them more so for the fact that they are providing an illegal copy of the actual product than anything else! Ah Pirates and their negativity...

This topic was started on Dec 04, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.