Affilorama Birthday
Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Still a little confused about Keyword

PremiumMember
rick courtney
Trust:

Still a little confused about Keyword

I have watched numerous videos about the keyword niche theory but I still have not seen
where it says you should only use this many keywords. So my confusion is - when you have
widdled your way through a niche down to three and longer phase keywords--- how many do you use and
why would you still not use the POPULAR ones- Does it hurt - If it is the most popular - do you still use it or is there
a reason you dont want to use it? I understand the big markets have more invested and so winning with the populars would be hard to rank but does it hurt....

Thanks for any assistance... Rick
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Rick, you should use one keyword per page on your website.

If you are building an affiloblueprint style site, you should have 30 keywords for 30 pages.

You can go after competitive keywords, but know that you might have your work cut out for you if you try to rank for "how to lose weight" rather than "low carb diets for weight loss."

If you don't mind months and months of link building and promotion, then feel free to go for the tough ones. Indeed, you can rank for the tough ones, but don't expect it to be easy.

But if you'd rather get faster results and more targeted traffic (in many cases) I would recommend lower competition keywords.

Hope this helps.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

PremiumMember
rick courtney
Trust:
to a degree that helps--- and I definetly dont want months waiting - my pages are not for a squeeze page... more for my storefront...

only one keyword phrase... In articles they say 1 keyword per every 200 or so words.... at this point I am winging it because now I am really confused but not going to get tied down with paralysis in analysis...

still not understanding the difference between say- camping tents and waterproof camping tents.... why does it not benefit you to use both I guess is what I am trying to figure out?

This topic was started on May 16, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.