Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

social bookmarking how does it work

mark schaaf
Trust:

social bookmarking how does it work

I have been doing all the seo stuff that I have been told to do and just started doing the social bookmarking thing about a month ago but I have yet to see any backlinks from them maybe I am not doing it right, in many of the social bookmark sites I sign up put in my stats and list my site as a bookmark and save, I know there is a lot of room for other bookmarks that i can save but I haven't put any in there yet, do I need to put other bookmarks in to make my main bookmark which is my site show because only one bookmark doesn't work. I don't know
Mark

faradina
Trust:
With social bookmarking you may very well never get to see backlinks reported and that's because sites like that are mostly nofollow. Social bookmarking is about getting direct traffic and not really for search engine bots to spider, although bookmarks do get crawled (but search engines might not show you that they did).

You must participate in the social site in order to get some kind of following from the people who use the site and also get a good reputation there. The key is to get people interested in what you have to say so that they will be likely to look at the pages that you bookmarked.

This topic was started on Dec 10, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.