Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Questions about Backlinks....getting articles ranked higher

missyox
Trust:

Questions about Backlinks....getting articles ranked higher

I have a clickbank product review on a page of my website and I also have the same review on ezine articles. When making backlinks, is it better to back link to the article or to the website? Should I spread the love evenly and make half of the backlinks to the article and half to the website?

I couldn't find my review at ezine articles when I searched it in google. I did find a bad review (not mine) that is an ezine article that is number 1 on google. How do I beat the bad review (ezine article) that is at the number 1 spot?

Thanks in advance....

missyo
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Missy,
You should be linking your offsite article to your website article that is relevant to what you have written about.
If your website is about Socks and your offsite article is about green socks but when they get to your website it is about Red socks then they may just click off the site.
They want to know more info on what they read from your offsite article about green socks.
Of course there are exceptions to the fact and you need to test, test, test to see what works for you.

As for the bad review... just write a better one and get as many backlinks to it as you can.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Nov 12, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.