Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Owning Multiple URL's

ddenby
Trust:

Owning Multiple URL's

I have purchased multilple URL's that are associated with my products and services. All of the URL's contain a relevant keyword and some are domains from other countries. I am now curious as the best way to utilize these URL's for SEO purposes.

1) ]Is it better to simply host the URL's and redirect them to my main website OR
2) Is it better to host the URL's and create a single page (unique content) describing the keyword found in the URL and then directing the page to my main website?
3) Is there an even better way to utilize these keyword rich URL's for SEO?

Also, would it be considered duplicate content if the pages contained the same content but in a different language?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
michael025
Trust:
To answer your questions:

1) Is it better to simply host the URL's and redirect them to my main website OR
2) Is it better to host the URL's and create a single page (unique content) describing the keyword found in the URL and then directing the page to my main website? You can do either. But, I would suggest the latter, as your unique content will increase your chances with the search engines.
3) Is there an even better way to utilize these keyword rich URL's for SEO?
I cannot really think of any as of the moment, but maybe you can keep checking this post for suggestions from the affilorama staff or other members : )

Also, would it be considered duplicate content if the pages contained the same content but in a different language?
No it wouldn't. Search engines are machines, and it will not recognize the page as duplicate content if it is written in a different language.

Hope this helps : )
thewholeinternet314
Trust:
I'd post different unique content on all of them.

This topic was started on Nov 12, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.