Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

No 1 Ranking On Google With An Image And Not A Webpage?

stargate66
Trust:

No 1 Ranking On Google With An Image And Not A Webpage?

I have not had the time to do more research on this, but I notice that within my niche and for most of my targeted keyword phrases, images rank in the no.1 position (not a domain as such).

If one clicks through on the image link, one lands on Google's Image search result page (just as though you have been searching in Google Images for the particular keyword). Click on any image and the landing page shows an enlarged image BUT with a link to the webpage that hosts the image.

My niche involves colors, so one of my questions are: Does Google recognize somehow that, within certain niches (such as niches where colors are involved), a picture would give a better result to the searcher? - I find that hard to believe, but would love if someone can give me more information on this.

Or is it just a case that the owner of the website that hosts the images has done a better SEO job....but why then does his domain or webpage address not rank anywhere for the search term but only the image?

This one confuses me - any help appreciated.

William
For over all wellness you need a solid Omega 3 fatty acids intake
http://www.earth-edge.com

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
stargate66 wrote:My niche involves colors, so one of my questions are: Does Google recognize somehow that, within certain niches (such as niches where colors are involved)

Yes, Google does recognize colors. Color recognition is implemented for image search algorithm.

stargate66 wrote:a picture would give a better result to the searcher?

There are too many factors to consider why a picture was ranked higher. If you're competing on the organic searches for web pages (not images), I suggest that you focus your efforts on these factors:

*number of backlinks
*domain age
*alexa rank
*anchor text

Those would be good indicators for ranking :)
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

stargate66
Trust:
Interesting.

Thanks for your input.
For over all wellness you need a solid Omega 3 fatty acids intake
http://www.earth-edge.com

This topic was started on Jan 27, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.