Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

more on back links

mark schaaf
Trust:

more on back links

Often with doing all the work we do to boost our search rank things just seem so odd that we often wonder what the heck is going on. I always check my back links to see how many more i get week by week knowing some links may take months to show up, while I check links i also check my search rank and this is the odd part. when checking my back links i always see that I have no google links what so ever so now i am thinking this is because I guess my back links are almost all from article righting and noting from any high value sites or blogs. now even more odd stuff in the last month my yahoo link count has doubled but my site has gone from pages 5 and 6 in the search results for my main keywords to pages 11 and 13. what is even odder is that my google search results went from about page 60 to page 32 for one keyword set and from page 33 to page 21 for my other main keyword string. So I am going to keep doing what I am doing and add doing some more things but it is all so confusing that the more work I do and the more links I get in yahoo that I am going backwards, As far as google since I don't know if I really have no back links or not, even though I check where google is supposed to show me at least some of my back links for them and I still see nothing. With this in mind how are we supposed to know which direction we need to go or expand into to get better. thanks Mark
Mark

faradina
Trust:
Hi Mark,

That's just how google is. Even when google knows about your backlinks, it does not always choose to show them. And if it chooses to show them, it would not show them all.
kdruhl
Trust:
Mark, you can see your back links at Yahoo Site Explorer. They tell you about links to your home page, to all pages, from outside and from both outside and inside. You can even look at your competitors' sites there and see where they are getting their links from.

This topic was started on Feb 03, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.