Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Latent semantic indexing (LSI)

kakaboo
Trust:

Latent semantic indexing (LSI)

Has anyone heard of this term latent semantic indexing before? Basically, it just means that as long as the content of your site has related 'theme' words, it will drive your site to the top of the search engines with very little effort from backlinks or other SEO work.

I came across 2 case studies from Andy at ezSEO where he brought a few such sites to positions #1-#3 using only latent semantic indexing without even creating any backlinks at all (while competing with certain sites with more than 1k backlinks)!

You can read more about this term here (or google it for more info) :
http://www.seobook.com/archives/000657.shtml

Has anyone actually tried using this method for their sites?
jcdean
Trust:
LSI keywords are important.

These sites you talk about probably have another thing going for them which is an exact key word for a domain. They probably don't rank for many terms. (sniper sites) I have dozens of sites like this. check usmc knife and you will see my site usmcknife[dot]com as number one.

I think Google will evolve overtime to use more LSI; for now I believe they use mostly on links to determine what a site is about.

Do a Google search for 'click here" in quotes and you will see adobe acrobat is in the number one spot. The site has nothing to do with "click here" but it has hundreds of links pointing to it that has click here as anchor text.
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

kakaboo
Trust:
No, that was not what I meant. From the case studies I saw, it seems that Google will categorize your keywords into certain "themes" , and the more theme words (different ones) you have on one article, it gets a huge boost in your rankings.

Like maybe you are trying to rank for law of attraction, but if your articles include words like abundance, happiness, manifesting, desires, vibrations, etc naturally, it gets a high rank easily without any backlinks.. no idea how they categorize these words though

This topic was started on Nov 17, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.