Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

How many words should I have on my homepage?

ddenby
Trust:

How many words should I have on my homepage?

I know that each page on your website should be a minimum of 425 words. Is this also the case with your HOME page? I was told recently that 150-200 words was the best number for a home page. Can anyone confirm which is best?
jasondodd
Trust:
It depends if your homepage is a "money" page that you are using to target a specific keyword phrase or not.

If you use your homepage to promote a product and wanting it to rank highly for a specific keyword then you'll want to aim to have at least 500 words (which isn't really that much) to get it well indexed by the search engines.

If the homepage is more of a starting point to send visitors to your product reviews then less is probably better - you dont want them getting bogged down on the homepage.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

ddenby
Trust:
got it, thanks!

This topic was started on Aug 25, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.