Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

How does SEO works on diferent css files?

el kraken.net
Trust:

How does SEO works on diferent css files?

Hi, i was just wordering my self: You have a site up, but it show diferent html/css/java files depending in many factors i.e. browser, language etc , so my question is:
How do you optimize that? or is just the content that you must optimize?
i ask this question because i have a site wich i want to optimize, is a template i bought at joomlart, but this guys uses their T3 logo in this template AND they set their logo as !!!!H1 !!!!! tag, in ALL pages!!!!, so you can not use H1 tag anymore in the title in ANY article because they set the h1 tag of their logo (with a follow link, by the way) (that´s why maybe they have an obscene 9 PR).

So im trying to change the (SO HIDDEN and misterious) CSS files, but i found there are css files for many versions of many browsers (OMG) so thats why i was thinking how to seo that, if the robot of google goes to my page (some day) what files will it choose o what i don´t understand even myself, i don´t know if someboy can understand what im trying to explain.
If somebody can check my page is this: www.vacacionesytours.com
Try FireBug, SenSEO, or Semantic Checker Firefox Addons to check the logo on ALL pages of my site, even when i could replace their logo for mine, it still remains as H1.
Any help on this question will be very apreciated
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Have you figured out the answer to this already? I'm not actually seeing ANY h1 tags on your page.

It's pretty normal these days to have multiple stylesheets for different browser screen sizes (eg desktop, mobile) and different browsers (typically because Internet Explorer is badly behaved). So I don't think this is a sign that your template provider is up to anything tricky.

Putting a link to their own site inside an h1 tag *is* a little tricky, especially if you paid money for the template. If you're able to edit the template (without breaking anything!) you may want to go in and remove that. If you're not sure how to do it, perhaps ask the template provider (and remind them that you paid for it!).

Having said that, there's nothing really stopping you from adding another H1 to your website. An H1 is an indicator to the search engines (and browsers) that this is the most important headline on the page, but there are websites out there that don't use h1 tags, and there are websites that use multiple h1 tags... I suspect because the designer says, "I want a big headline here, and here, and here!", and the h1 is just their way of getting a "big" headline.

In general, you don't need to do anything special to SEO different CSS layouts. The CSS usually just changes the way content *looks*, and the search engines don't really care how your site looks. They're just looking at the underlying HTML.

If you're signed up with Google's Webmaster Tools (https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=en) you can run a report that shows you what your website looks like to Google. ("Browse as Google"), and see what they see. This might be interesting for you. (And it's definitely worthwhile to be signed up with Webmaster Tools anyway).
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

el kraken.net
Trust:
Thanks for your answer, my question es because this guys are hidding their logo with a z-index of 1 and h1 tag, as i´ve heard that h1 tags are very important in SEO, but i already change that, i could fix it because i send 3 emails to them and it seams like either they don´t want you to fix this (as they are having a follow free backlink to their website with an H1 tag title) or they can´t really help (wich i really really doub it.
Thanks again for your support and ill be here around for a while.

This topic was started on May 17, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.