Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Homepage PR is 6, the pg. my link is on is 0 which counts?

burkhardt5
Trust:

Homepage PR is 6, the pg. my link is on is 0 which counts?

I have noticed that many backlinks that I have gotten are on pages that show up as 0 or not even ranked by google, but the google importance rank of the homepage might be 6 (like ezine.com). Is my article posting effort a waste of time because it is not on the homepage or does the homepage give added relevance to any page on the site. Or put another way, is submiting articles to high PR sites just as good as a low PR site since the page that my article shows up on is not even ranked by google. Does it make a differance and if so how can I get my articles on higher PR pages on these sites.
Does the quality,size or relevance of my article make the differance?
Wheew that was a mouth full.
Thanks
Paul J Burkhardt
Paul J. Burkhardt

slvrsrfr
Trust:
I think it's all important. I don't think the PR rank gets transferred to the lower PR page. However, all links, especially from articles published on sites like Ezine are good and valid.

If you can get your article on a higher PR that will help more, but things to also consider are the authority of the site generally and the relevance of your site (or the link) with the site your article is getting published on.

Links in my understanding are based on the authority of the site they are on, not so much on the quality of your article or length of it. Though length and quality I'm sure help to some degree.

Just keep building links from a variety of sources.

Cheers,

Jason
burkhardt5
Trust:
Thanks again Jason for your time and info.
This has been puzzling me for months but I try my best to figure things out by myself.
I'll just keep building and writing as before. I guess i'm doing something right, my site just hit page 2 on bing and my home page has earned a PR of 2.
Hope you are doing well.
Paul
Paul J. Burkhardt

This topic was started on Apr 17, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.