Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Getting on front page of Google

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:

Getting on front page of Google

One thing I've read a lot when reading about SEO is that if you're not on the first 3 pages, you're not going to get results. But I was wondering, I know you can set preferences in Google to display more than the default of 10 listings. So, my question I guess is when they say first 3 pages, do they mean the first 30 listings?

I know for myself I prefer the longer listings because I can scan through them faster without a lot of clicking, which is why I was wondering about this.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

jasondodd
Trust:
I think you need to realize that the majority will only ever see the first ten results since its the default setting, and honestly listings on the page 2 or 3 are a lot less likely to be clicked on - aim for the first page (top ten result).

Use Traffic Travis to track your page ranking for each of your keywords.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Thats what I thought was meant, I just wanted to check and make sure :D

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

This topic was started on Jul 13, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.