Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Domain vs. Sub-domain

emaildkennedy
Trust:

Domain vs. Sub-domain

Hi guys,
Quick question, i'm quite new to affiliate marketing but have been building websites for over a year now. I've chosen a small niche within a larger niche i already cover but need to know whether to use a domain or sub-domain.

I'll explain my predicament a little more. I have a health related website already, its a fairly general domain name and i have been building the site for almost a year with content and links.

Now i want to run an affiliate campaign and have chosen a health niche and am currently building my landing page for this product. In the future, i want to market several affiliate products through my health site so it is better to set each one up as

www.naturalhealth.com/nicheproduct1
OR
nicheproduct1.naturalhealth.com

I plant to run a PPC campaign too so i'm aware that google must be happy with the domain names. Any help much appreciated.
PremiumMember
matty
Trust:
If it's all based around health, and it's all quality, I wouldn't use a subdomain. Google may treat subdomains as totally separate websites. If google identifies 1 larger, active, and updating website, it should rank better than 2 separate ones.

This topic was started on Jun 18, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.