Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

.COM with Low Searches VS. .NET with High Searches

el kraken.net
Trust:

.COM with Low Searches VS. .NET with High Searches

Hi, that´s my question:
I have "MyKeyword.COM" domain available with over 1,900 global monthly searches.

And i have "MyKeyword.NET" available with over 6,600 global monthly searches.

Which one should i buy?

Thanks for your support!!!
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Hi again Angelnewsletters,

Similar to my reply in your other thread over in http://www.affilorama.com/forum/market-research/what-is-better-to-target-t24705.html ... I think that you should choose a domain name that is suitable for your niche and the products you want to promote.

Just because you have a domain name that matches a particular keyword, there's no guarantee it's going to give you very much benefit. There are some indications that Google might even see it as a kind of spam, so it might actually hurt you.

So you're better to choose a name that is good for other reasons: It's shorter, more memorable, doesn't contain hyphens, etc. All these things make it easier for people to share.

Traditionally, .COM addresses have been favoured by affiliates for this reason: They're more memorable. I suspect people also see a .COM as more "legit", and any other TLD as being "the one you use because you couldn't get the .COM"

But .NET and .ORG addresses are also just fine. I would hesitate to go with a .INFO, because I associate that with spammier, low-quality websites, where people are just trying to get their keywords into their domain name.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

el kraken.net
Trust:
Hi again aletta, i think i´m going after the .com after all, too many votes lol, anyway i din´t like the net that much at all, lol, i´ll start to build my 1st affiliate site following the affilorama free lessons.

Thanks and happy weekend!! :P

This topic was started on Jun 22, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.