Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Blog traffic up but search rank down - Why?

PremiumMember
haimingj
Trust:

Blog traffic up but search rank down - Why?

Hi everyone,

I have setup a personal blog in Chinese 4 weeks ago. when I do my full name search, my blog come to first result on the first page one week ago. I am very happy with the result. However, when I did another search yesterday, my blog appears on the second page.

my blog only have 10-80 visitor a day before last weekend. on last weekend, I pasted some articles on some popular Chinese forum, and the article linked back to my forum. The traffic suddenly went up to 800 visitors a day two days ago. Is there any change Goolge put my blog in the black list? I didn't do any black hacked technic to the get the traffic. Anyone can tell me why my blog traffic goes up, and my search rank goes down?

Thank you very much for your advice!

haiming
'
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Hi Haiming!

Great work! No you will not be blacklisted for traffic at all.. as for your ranking... they go up and down... it's the roller coaster ride of Google!
PremiumMember
haimingj
Trust:
adrian wrote:Hi Haiming!

Great work! No you will not be blacklisted for traffic at all.. as for your ranking... they go up and down... it's the roller coaster ride of Google!

Thank you adrian, it is good to know! :lol:

Cheers!
Haiming