Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Author URL Use In Article Submissions

dynaclick
Trust:

Author URL Use In Article Submissions

Should we be using the URL specific to the keyword/page we're targetting at? For instance, if I submit an article on "wedding hair style", should I use "http://www.mydomainname.com/wedding-hair-style.html" as the URL in the Author Resource Box instead?

I suppose this would eventually boost the home page Page rank since all the backlinks points back to the homepage. But are we allowed to use page specific url in the author resource box? any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

rgds,
Clifford
Last edited by sydney on 03 Jun 10 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: samle link

PremiumMember
espresso
Trust:
Hi Clifford

Its a great idea to deep link into your website with your anchor text links (much better to use these wherever you can) or regular http links in your article resource box. You can link to a page that relates to the article or link to another page on your site - the choice is up to you. Usually you can put at least 2 links in your resource box so you could make one go to the home page and one deep link into your site. The main benefit in deep linking is that it gets the search engines to crawl you site in more depth but also from a consumer perspective you're showing them exactly what you have on your site rather than directing them just to your home page where they usually have to choose.

Jill
dynaclick
Trust:
Thanks Jill. That is awesome!

There are two author resource box available to use in Article Marketer, one using plain text, the other for HTML option. I've added two links to the author resource box with the HTML option, incl one with anchor text to deep link into the specific page on my website. In fact, the anchor text use for deep link is only possible with the HTML option, since the URL is hidden within the anchor text. Otherwise, it might look too cluttered.

thanks again

rgds,
Clifford