Affilorama Birthday
Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Are uniform links in post bad for seo?

lukecorden
Trust:

Are uniform links in post bad for seo?

working on the theory that there are no stupid questions, I would like to ask the following.

If I have 10 original content posts on my photography affiliate site and 5 of those sites have identical calls to action/affiliate links will this negatively impact my seo? Will the google spiders see these links as duplicate content?

For example

Want to know even more about light drawing? Click Here for a stunning Trick Photography & Special Effects eBook with great video tutorials

becomes

Want to know even more about light painting? Click Here for a stunning Trick Photography & Special Effects eBook with great video tutorials

As I say, all the rest of the posts in question are full of original content (approx 700-1000 words)

LC
Site Admin
jonathan_l
Trust:
Hey Luke,

If it's really as small a section of your post as you show then no, Google shouldn't ping it for duplicate content - 'author boxes' or other 'duplicated' outro text (like CTAs) are not uncommon across the web.

As it happens, we do have practical examples of this ourselves, as we used to do this on our TTv3 blog posts:
- http://www.traffictravis.com/blog/db-updater-v3-3-1

and more recently on Affilorama Blog posts; to my knowledge, we've never seen an impact on our traffic or rankings by putting similar text at the bottom of each post

P.S. I originally read the post title as "Are *unicorn* links in post bad for SEO", and I went "what the heck are unicorn links?"
lukecorden
Trust:
unicorn links

Genius. Thanks for the reply Jonathan.

LC

This topic was started on Jul 22, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.