Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Your Google Adwords Adcopy - How Do You Get High CTR?

PremiumMember
tyler
Trust:

Your Google Adwords Adcopy - How Do You Get High CTR?

Hi everyone,

just looking for a lot of opinions here. I'm focusing on getting my CTR up in my Adwords Account.

So, how do you get high CTR? What has worked for you? How have you improved??

thanks,

Tyler 8)
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
There are many ways of getting a good clickthrough rate.

Here are a few for starters:

1. {KeyWord: Your Alternative Headline Here} (you should remember this one from the affilorama adwords lessons, if not, check the notes! :) )
2. Emotional headlines/content in your copy that identifies what the potential customer is feeling. For example if they searched for "cat scratching" then you may wish to word your copy something like "Got Cat Scratching? Put an end to your frustration. No more scratching you or children.

Or

Cat Scratching?
Scratching humans is a sign of poor health
in your cat. You need to read our tips.

Or

Cat Scratching?
How frustrating! Finally you can put an end
to the stress right here, quick and easy.

Or if someone is searching for something like a specific name of a product, such as "McDonalds Hamburgers" (not that they have an affiliate program, this is just an example).

You could use emotion to capture viewers attention like this:

McDonalds a Scam?
Find out the truth about McDonalds and
their health effects of their burgers here!

or

McD's Burgers Reviewed
See where McD's burgers fit in to the
top 10 burgers in the world!

or

{KeyWord: McDonalds a Scam?}
as the headline,.. etc

Remember, split test things you are unsure about.

I hope this answers your question. The key to getting more clickthrus from relevant visitors is to identify what the person is actually looking for, and then give it to them. No point promising what they won't find.

Hope this helps,

best regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

PremiumMember
tyler
Trust:
YES, this actually helps me a lot..... :lol:

I think I was losing focus a little bit with my adcopy....about what to deliver.

and YES, i definitely use the {KeyWord:} for the title....You taught me that and it has helped TREMENDOUSLY.

thanks again....

Tyler