Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

What are your thoughts on CB "Gravity" stat?

PremiumMember
rshaw6523
Trust:

What are your thoughts on CB "Gravity" stat?

Great site & fantastic training Mark!!

I've been looking the CB site, and they have a ranking for "Gravity", which is a measure of the number of distinct affiliates making sales. right?

For a newbie, how do you interpret this number?

Is a low gravity plus a high referral percent an opportunity (meaning low competition), or a warning sign ( meaning lousy conversions)?

Thanks

Bob
PremiumMember
suzie
Trust:
Hi
Hope this helps- from CB

Gravity: Number of distinct affiliates who earned a commission by referring a paying customer to the publisher's products. This is a weighted sum and not an actual total. For each affiliate paid in the last 8 weeks we add an amount between 0.1 and 1.0 to the total. The more recent the last referral, the higher the value added.

so my understanding is the higher the more people selling/buying ?

Suzie
Abundance Queen

Journey to Freedom :http://abundancehighway.com
My Art: www.suziecheel.com/blog
My Book: www.theemergingsbook.com
Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/suziecheel

Will What You Do Today Make Your Heart Sing

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I don't know how much I'd read into gravity. A high gravity means it's selling well and there is obviously a market for it. But maybe a new product has just been launched and no one has started selling it. Does 0 gravity mean it's worthless? Maybe, maybe not. You can't tell just from the gravity.

I personally think you're better off finding a niche and then finding products within that niche.

I'd be interested to hear Marks take on this though.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world