Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Traffic Travis

easyrider
Trust:

Traffic Travis

I'm wondering why Traffic Travis says that the next SEO rankings update will be 7 days from when I did the last one.

Is there any way to change this? I don't want to have to wait a whole week, and then if some problem occurs and the update doesn't happen I have to wait another week after that.

Better still, is there some way to do a manual update whenever you want it, as you could do in TT3?
Greg

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You could update your project settings by editing your project and clicking the Update Settings link.

I'm sorry but we don't allow customers to manually update their rankings.

Each time this (ranking tool) is run it gets monitored automatically by Google and if people are constantly running this they run a very high risk of getting blocked (albeit temporary). It happened to a lot of people in version 3 and this was one of the reasons for limiting updates on search rankings to once a day.

The other main reason is that the positions for approximately 95% of keywords aren't changing daily and if you 'update' your rankings 5 times a day there will be no change seen at all. People do get a little obsessed with checking rankings every 5 mins and instead of doing this you should really look at the bigger, longer term picture of trying to increase them over time and put more focus on the areas required to get their such as link building.

We do allow you to (automatically) check them daily, weekly or monthly so by setting them to daily you are still able to see any movement down to the day. You just need to make sure that you open Traffic Travis each day so that it could record your daily rankings.

Hope this helps answer the reason behind it. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

easyrider
Trust:
Okay, thanks for that!
Greg

This topic was started on Jun 05, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.