Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

The new FTC and PPC Direct Linking

dannyg
Trust:

The new FTC and PPC Direct Linking

Hi

Does somebody know anything about the new FTC Site Compliance Policy and the handling with PPC and direct linking to the affiliate merchant site?

As I have a view Direct Linking Ads which are also active in the USA. I don't know if I’m getting into any problems with the FTC rules when using this kind of advertising for USA. As I am from Switzerland, can maybe somebody from USA help me on this as you are more involved with this?

Regards

Daniel
wollowra
Trust:
Direct Linking will be fine.
Google has a text notice right above the PPC ads saying "Sponsored Links"
If people can not determine that someone is getting paid for them clicking on a ppc ad with "Sponsored Links" twice at the top of a Google search page, then they should open there eyes up..lol
Maybe Google need to put a big 800x600 flashing red pop over box saying...
"CLICK THIS AND SOMEONE MAKES MONEY OFF YOU" lol...

Anyway, you should be fine. They are more concerned with Fake bloggers, fake testimonials and not disclosing typical income results etc...

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

dannyg
Trust:
Hi Troy

Thank your very much for this information and your help

Regards

Daniel

This topic was started on Dec 31, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.