Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

PPC question

mark schaaf
Trust:

PPC question

Hi I did a little PPC last year when I first started and for the most part spent as much as I made. I also had a couple sites selling things that i would get about 25 dollars commission on if I sold something. My sites were small only about 6 pages and my landing page had a nice article on it and no banner adds or links to the company I was selling for, I had adds on the other pages which were articles that I thought I had to have in order to not get the letter from google that so many have saying they couldn't run adds anymore. After doing this for about 4 months and making less then I was spending I got an E-mail from google saying I was using un ethical business practice, This made me so mad because I put no claims about doing anything fantastic for my product, I was selling one of those diy solar assembly books and made no claims about it at all other then say it can reduce your electric bill, I sand nothing about being able to make these things in very little time or costing almost nothing to make. All the other articles on the site talked about solar panels, windmills and how things worked that was it. Anyhow after months of trying to get an answer from google and of course getting no answer at all because they don't give a crap and have no customer service, anyhow took down this site and the other site I wasn't making any money at and started working on a travel site. I spent well over 4 months working on it and I think looks great has a lot of information and has about 25 pages to it. My problem it most of the people I have adds for on the site pay little commission and you need to sell a lot to make any money or at least get them to book everything on your site. So I have 2 problems, How can I run adwords adds and point to certain pages without spending more then what I would take in. The other problem I see is so often I hear that you have to have 8 to 10 articles for the subject you are promoting with adsense. I have a page on finding and booking a flight and have an ad for a flight booking service how am i expected to have 6 or 7 more articles about finding and booking a flight. It just seems so stupid to me when reading the google guidelines and what others say that you need so many articles on basically the same thing. So I don't even know if my site would be a candidate to run adwords adds because I am not going to wright 8 articles on the same subject. If I can't run adds based on the merits of the entire site then I won't do it. What do you think does a site selling many aspect of one industry need to have all these articles related to each subject in order to run adwords adds. Thanks
Mark

This topic was started on May 14, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.