Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Negative keywords

nates450r
Trust:

Negative keywords

Hello everyone,

i was wondering about this on the Neg, keywords section
can someone explain AD GROUP LEVEL & CAMPAIGN LEVEL

thanks,
jpastorizo
Trust:
Nates,
The difference on Ad Group Level and Campaign Level is basically how the negative keyword/s is used or applied by your account. Campaign level setting will set your negative keyword to be active on your campaign, this means to all adgroups. Ad Group level on the otherhand just have your negative keyword on specific ad groups. You may have a campaign in the "Fitness/Diet" market and your adgroups are for different products. Negative keywords may differ for each product because it will depend on the keyword usage of the market.

You can use Negative keywords to filter out the searches that are not relevant to your ad so that people who are not targeted will not see your site. Otherwise it will just be a waste of money for you. Here's what I mean. Example you are in the fitness niche and you are promoting Truth About Abs" product. Say you have a keyword "six pack abs". If you're match phrase is not exact then there might be a possibility that your ad can be seen by people looking for "Six pack" which really meant six pack of beer. In this case you can use "beer" as the negative keyword.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

nates450r
Trust:
thank you for the reply
yes, i am fine tuning my ppc campaign and filtering out none relevent search terms.

daily CTR is going up also

This topic was started on Aug 17, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.