Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

How do I save my data on Adwords Keyword External Tool?

PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:

How do I save my data on Adwords Keyword External Tool?

Hi everyone. I bought the book adwords for dummies and it is really helping me. One thing I don't understand is when i go to keyword external tool, once I try to download the keywords to my excel csv, none of the columns (other than the keyword column) shows up. How can I get the other data on there like avg monthly search, etc. without having to manually put the data in? Ideally, I would like all of the data such as avg monthly search, monthly search and cpc columns to download as well, not just the keywords.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by michellerana on 15 Oct 09 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title changed to describe the post better

Warm Regards,

Shalisha

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Hi Shalisha,

Yes, the tool "Download these keywords: text , .csv (for excel), .csv" on your "Selected Keywords" column (the blue box on the right of the Keyword Tool External page) can only save your keyword list.

If you want to save an excel file showing other relevant information on your keywords (such as advertiser competition, local search volume, global search volume), click "Download all keywords: text , .csv (for excel), .csv" found at the bottom of your keyword search results (near the end of the page). An option to save or open the file will be displayed on your screen. It will be downloaded in .csv format if you choose to save the file.

You don't have to save all the keywords displayed on the table. It is possible to filter the keywords that will be displayed and saved by clicking "Filter my results" and checking the box "Don't show ideas for new keywords. I only want to see data about the keywords I entered." You may also add all the other information that you need (like estimated average CPC, search volume trends, and highest volume occurred in) by selecting them from the "Choose columns to display" drop-down menu.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers,
Michelle
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
Thank you I will try this idea.
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

This topic was started on Oct 15, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.