Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

High CPC for Marriage Niche?

klt019
Trust:

High CPC for Marriage Niche?

I'm just getting started in PPC and I am just planning my campaign.

I've put up my relevant landing page and I am getting quality scores of around 6-7. However on non-product keywords I am being asked to bid as high as $1.90 for the keywords I have selected. I do believe I've selected good buying keywords but is this sort of price normal for the marriage niche? Should I bite the bullet and bid at this type of price? Or am I being asked for a high bid price because this is the first time I am running ads in my google account?
jcdean
Trust:
That niche is competitive don't get me wrong, but it sounds like $1.90 might be the cost they are telling you to bid for the number one posistion.

Try entering 50 cents and see if it gets you in the game.

If you get good click through you will move up with out paying more.

I don't think they are penalizing you for being new.
Last edited by jcdean on 01 May 10 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

slvrsrfr
Trust:
Also, what the recommended CPC is is not necessarilly what you will end up paying. If you bid .50 or 1.00 you'll likely end up paying a little less.

It also depends where you want to end up. Being first isn't always the best position. 3 and 4 perform quite well too.

This topic was started on Apr 30, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.