Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Google Adwords - What's a good monthly budget to start on?

mario3173
Trust:

Google Adwords - What's a good monthly budget to start on?

If I ever wanted to start advertising with google adwords what would be a good monthly budget? Would 50 be good... should I start higher or lower. I could probably budget 100, but what is probably a good amt to start with.

Mario
kunstler
Trust:
That is a good question. I was wondering the same. I read another post that when starting PPC, you can target $50-75. Ultimately though you should have an extra $1000 to set aside for campaigns. There is alot of testing and trial and error involved. It can take months split testing and seeing what works best. You will be investing in testing ads, landing pages, sales copy, popups and more. I'm taking the course over at PPCClassroom.com and those are some of the things they discuss. Anyway, hope that helps.
pennyslade
Trust:
Hi Mario,
A good starting budget for new affiliates is around $25 or $50, but obviously it needs to be no more than you can afford. Start off low because you can always raise your budget when you start to get the hang of it and are earning more money.
There is a video lesson on Writing and Placing Google Ads which takes you through the set up process step-by-step. Here is the link:
http://www.affilorama.com/pay-per-click ... google-ads
I hope this helps.
Good luck,
Penny :)