Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Google Adwords: Ads Disabled Due To "Bridge Page"

rudolf
Trust:

Google Adwords: Ads Disabled Due To "Bridge Page"

Hi all,

About four weeks ago our ads were temporarily disabled by Google due to a "bridge page".

We managed to solve this issue quickly, but we're still not sure how to avoid this problem in the future. This was our situation before the disablement:

Ad visible url: www.OurSite.com
Ad actual url: www.OurSite.com/Top-5-Reviews.html

When we got slapped, we removed the "/Top-5-Reviews.html" part and put the content of that page on our index.html.

We think what happened was, we got a lot of clicks on our ads, landed on a specific page, and almost immediately clicked through to the merchant page.

This makes me ask myself, whats wrong with a bridge page, affiliate sites ARE bridge pages, they are SUPPOSED to click through, as much and as soon as possible to the merchant page.

But we understand Google. Google wants the visitor to do more than just click once, Google wants to provide information to the visitor. However, this is the visitors choice. Enough of the rant:

We could register lots of different domaines for each keyword, but before we do that we need to know how the keywords perform. So, that would either mean "Keyword1.html", "Keyword2.html", etc. or "index1.html", "index2.html", etc.

You probably get my point. When we apply the url www.OurSite.com/Keyword1.html it'll be the same bridge page again. How else can we accurately test these keywords without spending hundreds of dollars on new domain names?

We could try and use the real url for the display url, but it won't always fit into the box, and besides, the ending ".html" part will look really stupid. Or does Google accept the first part (Keyword1) and filters the ".html" part?

What a dilemma. Any help out there? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, regards,
Maarten & Rudolf
This account is managed by two persons; Maarten and Rudolf. You may find either of us posting individually with this account.

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
So your problem is conversion tracking? Have you tried to get the merchant to place your code on their download page? It's a lot easier than using hundreds of different clickbank tracking IDs.

As for the bridging problem, I have never heard of that before, it's never affected me.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

redheaddev
Trust:
About four weeks ago our ads were temporarily disabled by Google due to a "bridge page".

It appears they have labeled "same domain" usage for ad visible and actual URLS as "bridge pages". If it were me, I'd buy one more domain for the same subject and test ads by swapping domains from one to the next -

i.e. (using domains www.OurSite.com and www.OurWebsite.com)
AD#1
Ad visible url: www.OurWebsite.com
Ad actual url: www.OurSite.com/Top-5-Reviews.html

AD#2
Ad visible url: www.OurSite.com
Ad actual url: www.OurWebsite.com/Top-5-Reviews.html

Just a thought anyway..
-- Red