Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Does Google Analytics count redirects?

freeeli
Trust:

Does Google Analytics count redirects?

I couldn't find any information on my /recommends/ProductX pages in my analytics account - so I'm thinking google does not catch the redirects, but I was hoping someone could confirm this for me.

And I know you can catch the click through in Clickbank, but it'd be nice to know if that traffic is completely outside of my site statistics.

Thanks!
faradina
Trust:
The GA tracking code needs to be pasted immediately before the </body> tag of each page you are planning to track. If the GA code is not on a page, you will not find info about that page in GA. When we do our php redirects, we do not put anything aside from the redirect code. That would be why you are not finding any information in GA about your redirect page.

This topic was started on Jan 10, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.