Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

CTR and Ad Positioning

PremiumMember
tyler
Trust:

CTR and Ad Positioning

I'm trying to improve my CTR and i'm wondering something.

When calculating my ad positioning and CTR, does Google consider my MERCHANT PAGE CTR at all or my SALES CONVERSIONS?

I'm under the impression that MERCHANT PAGE CTR and my SALES CONVERSIONS have nothing to do with my ad CTR and ad positioning. I hope this is correct.

thanks,

Tyler
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Tyler,

When calculating my ad positioning and CTR, does Google consider my MERCHANT PAGE CTR at all or my SALES CONVERSIONS?

No not your click thru rate from your merchant page to the affiliate site, nor your sales conversion rate. But it's believed that google does consider the relevancy of your landing page and website as a whole.

Another thing with regards to google adwords:

One thing about your google ad placement that seems to hold true, is that google rewards you with higher ad placements when you've been advertising for a while. eg 2 people may have the same clickthru rate, and both be paying $0.15 per click and may both have similarly relevant landing pages, yet 1 of them might rank #2, while the other #5. The one that ranks #2, may be due to the fact that they have been advertising on that term for 3 months, vs the other person who has been advertising for just 1 week.

It is widely believed that you get your full value in google adwords when you have been advertising on an ad term for at least 8 weeks.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

PremiumMember
tyler
Trust:
thanks, i'll definitely keep this in mind....

my ad CTR is currently improving a lot.

I think i just need to get my landing page converting better now.

thanks for all of the help,

Tyler