Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Best Article Directories for link building

rivihe
Trust:

Best Article Directories for link building

Hi All

With submitting articles to article directories, does anyone have a list of the best article directory for getting links (Mainly high PR ranks)

With my limited experience I have found that some do not allow your links embedded in the text and only allow for the link in the author profile. Some allow your article to be scraped etc etc

Just wondering if anyone had complied a list - apart of ezine articles, hub pages and squidoo

Cheers

Rivihe
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
http://www.vretoolbar.com/articles/directories.php here is a list of 50. there are a lot of these lists out there too. but, really, article directories are losing their power, especially after the panda update. there are a lot of other ways to get links for your sites that are higher quality than article directory links. They can still be a good supplemental link, but I would try to outsource it or get some automation tools. most of the time links you get manually from article directories aren't worth the time they take to do manually.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

rivihe
Trust:
Sweet jmpriutt - thanks for that, always helpful - you advise that there some better ways to get links?? Blogs etc is that what you mean?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
There are loads of places to get links. Blog commenting, guest posting on blogs, forums (if they are allowed), web2,0 sites, social bookmarking, adding social sharing is almost becoming a must. at the minimum you should have a FB like button and a Tweet button somewhere on every page that you want traffic to visit.

Article directory links are the easiest to get which is why they are so powerful. however, you can get good links from a just about any site with content related to your niche.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

kakaboo
Trust:
You could check out Postrunner of The Keyword Academy, 29$/month and you have hundreds - a thousand of different type of sites you can post your articles on, and they all allow links in the body.
burkhardt5
Trust:
Here are 2 big lists that I use regularly. I suggest you use the sort by PR function at the top of them to be more efficient. Most of them are active untill you get down to the PR 2s and lower. If you want to check the lower ones to see if they are active before wasting a article on them, check for lattest articles to see if they were recently posted. Also look at the number of articles compared to the number of authors (if they display this). If the number of articles is not at 2-3 times the number of authors, there is a good chance that the site is not active. I don't even bother with the PR 0s anymore.
http://www.freearticlesubmission.org/directories.php?curPage=1

http://www.directorycritic.com/article-directory-list.html?sort=pr

As jmpruitt said, don't go crazy with article submission's. If your spinning your articles, be sure to do it well or the link will be even weaker. Go ahead and submit articles, it will be a good base for your link building but as jmpruitt said (and he seems to allways be right) blogs,social bookmarking,2.0 etc. are the better ways to get quality links.

Speaking of this, jmpruitt do you have any lists of 2.0 , social bookmark,etc. sites that you recomend? Iv'e been scrambling around trying to find these good sites with little success.

Never Give Up!!!
Paul Burkhardt
Paul J. Burkhardt

tp2010
Trust:
I am totally new to all this SEO stuff and have been trying to build good back links to my wifes Jewllery website, we only want to keywords but they seems quite competetive. Any help would be very welcome. Thanks
leon85aw
Trust:
Hi everyone,

I am pretty new to article submission. Just a quick question. Regarding article submission, for example if i have 20 articles written with each in a different keywords. Does it make a difference betwee that I post all article to Ezline or just one?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
TP2010 wrote:I am totally new to all this SEO stuff and have been trying to build good back links to my wifes Jewllery website, we only want to keywords but they seems quite competetive. Any help would be very welcome. Thanks

Creating pages optimized on products name keywords would be a good way to monetize your site. These pages convert very well to sales.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
leon85aw wrote:Hi everyone,

I am pretty new to article submission. Just a quick question. Regarding article submission, for example if i have 20 articles written with each in a different keywords. Does it make a difference betwee that I post all article to Ezline or just one?

It would be better if you get different links from different domains. Search engines like to see link profiles that show diversity of links from a wide range of domains. Some also say that links from the same site lose value the more you add.

Ezine got hit by Google's algorithm change. They lost 130,231 top ranking positions (71%). You could try submitting your articles to sites with the highest percentage increase like wikihow (79.1%), instructables.com (16.7%), howstuffworks.com (15.9%), ehow.com (13.6%).

Number Crunchers: Who Lost In Google’s “Farmer” Algorithm Change?

More Farmer Update Winners, Losers: Wikihow, Blippr & Yahoo Answers
Michelle
Customer Support

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

warriorz
Trust:
Submit your article most popular articles directory, like where can we get surely back link and it should be high page rank. I prefer only high page rank approved article sites.
Warriorz Soft Technologies (P) Ltd : www.warriorzinfotech.com
Offshore Software Development Company | Web Development | Web Design Services | SEO Services

leon85aw
Trust:
Hi,
How did you find out the drop in ranking michellerana?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
I got the information from these articles:

Number Crunchers: Who Lost In Google’s “Farmer” Algorithm Change?

More Farmer Update Winners, Losers: Wikihow, Blippr & Yahoo Answers

:)
Michelle
Customer Support

leon85aw
Trust:
Thank you so much michellerana =)
stefan1601
Trust:
I cant find the signup button for ehow and howstuffworks. Anyone able to publish content on these sites?
PremiumMember
sethczerepak
Trust:
I'm using Unique Article Wizard for this and having a lot of success putting two backlinks in the resource box which include different keywords that I'm optimizing the site for. It's $67 a month, but the time and energy that it saves you is worth it.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
stefan1601 wrote:I cant find the signup button for ehow and howstuffworks. Anyone able to publish content on these sites?

You need to login to your Facebook account to create an eHow account. Click the 'Sign In or Join' link facebook icon found on the top right of ehow homepage then allow ehow to access your basic Facebook information.

You'll find the information on how to submit your article on howstuffworks on this page: Writing for HowStuffWorks
Michelle
Customer Support

patoliapg
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:There are loads of places to get links. Blog commenting, guest posting on blogs, forums (if they are allowed), web2,0 sites, social bookmarking, adding social sharing is almost becoming a must. at the minimum you should have a FB like button and a Tweet button somewhere on every page that you want traffic to visit.

Article directory links are the easiest to get which is why they are so powerful. however, you can get good links from a just about any site with content related to your niche.

I like to introduce all you about new free article directory. http://www.onlinearticlessubmission.com/ is free article directory where you can publish unlimited unique articles related to your products.
lilygreen289
Trust:
Sweet jmpriutt - thanks for that, always helpful - you advise that there some better ways to get links?? Blogs etc is that what you mean?
Hi,this is my site: http://iplaytheme.com/
There are many free wordpress themes for you download!
Thank you for visiting~

mark schaaf
Trust:
I normally only use a few article directories so I can keep track of them. I use Ezine articles a lot but sometimes there a little goofy. I had an article put on hold because I had a spelling error in the title I used the word there instead of their. Sure it was a goofy little mistake that everyone has made but sometimes when you read over your own work you just miss stuff like that. They also said the location mentioned in the article was to vague and to me this was real ridiculous because I was using America meaning the US in the article. Now I have been to many places around the world and have meet many people from my country the USA and any time I ask them where they were from they would say they were an American. Almost anyone who says anything about America thinks of the USA, not Canada, not Mexico, not any place in central America so why in the world did they think I needed to change my article to be more specific to the US when I would bet 90% of the people who would read that article would know where I am talking about. So sometimes Ezine articles can get a little goofy when looking at your article.
Mark

vikassingal2002
Trust:
rivihe wrote:Hi All

With submitting articles to article directories, does anyone have a list of the best article directory for getting links (Mainly high PR ranks)

With my limited experience I have found that some do not allow your links embedded in the text and only allow for the link in the author profile. Some allow your article to be scraped etc etc

Just wondering if anyone had complied a list - apart of ezine articles, hub pages and squidoo

Cheers

Rivihe

Frankly speaking mean, Article directories have lost their charm after Panda/Penguin updates. So there's no point scarping an article and distributing it to thousands of article directories ( AMR ) ....Its better if you keep your focus on main article directories like Ezine, Buzzle , go article , ezine mark and try to get only one link link from one original article. Dont rush in for too many links.....
Some FREE Edu Links

somduttasadhukhan
Trust:
Thanks for the information friend...
Buy Articles Only $1 http://www.1dollararticle.com/

industrialgears.jv
Trust:
Best article submission sites:-
Articlecity
Goarticles
Sooperarticles
Ezinearticles
ArticleSnatch

This topic was started on Mar 30, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.