Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Marketing with Friendster and Myspace

cdidcott
Trust:

Marketing with Friendster and Myspace

My stepchildren both have Friendster and Myspace accounts, in total they have amounted more than 1,500 friends. I have a script that redirects traffic from their site to mine when someone tries to exit their site. That should produce quite a lot of traffic to my site. Even though it wont be very useful traffic, it must make a difference.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if Google, or the other search engines, consider this a good or a bad thing. Should I use the script or could my site end up getting sandbagged for using dirty tactics?

I hope not, I already used it for a few days before realising it may have damaging effects.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
I'm not sure to be honest... although I wouldn't do that if you are using adsense or something.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I'm not sure if google will think it's bad or not, but you have to consider the risk. Is it worth risking googles wrath for getting a few hundred crappy visitors every now and again?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world