Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Emailing Customers who haven't opted onto the list?

PremiumMember
rcubed
Trust:

Emailing Customers who haven't opted onto the list?

Hi,

I'm curious about contacting people who buy from you, but who haven't opted into your list. For instance with CB, you get the customer's email address in your reports, but adding them to your list is probably not the right thing to do.

I do recall receiving email from the owner of a product after purchasing. How about emailing them with an offer to subscribe to your list? I realize that we need to be very careful when it comes to spam complaints. I'm just wondering how experienced marketers handle contact with customers that haven't explicitly opted in.

Thanks,
Rich
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Yes you need to be very careful.

I usually request people opt in once they buy. And then they can obviously still unsubscribe at any stage.

It's probably not spam if you are contacting them as part of the service of being a member. Especially if it is to do with updates.

But certainly not via grabbing their info off your clickbank stats.

regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

PremiumMember
rcubed
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. I was suggesting emailing the customer with a thank you message and an offer to subscribe. As an affiliate of CB, the only way I know to get the customer's email is from the order stats. It may be different if you own the product.

But as you point out we need to be very careful. So it's probably not worth the risk of a spam complaint, just to try to get an opt-in.

Rich