Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Blog Posts and Long Tail Keywords

heather22
Trust:

Blog Posts and Long Tail Keywords

Hello Affilorama,

When your told to use long tail keywords in your blog post to increase page rank, do you have to write
more than one post for the term or is one post enough???
Thanks
Newbie (medium-warm)
Heather L Mackey
Affilorama Newbie:)

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I run several blogs, and i usually don't target the same keyword with more than one post. usually, i target keywords with 500-800 global monthly searches. These keywords are usually well targeted traffic, and you can get them ranking with very few backlinks. I have some that rank on page one with less than 100 links to the page.

The great thing about blogging is consistent and frequent blog posts. My IMRelations blog is the worst example of that, since I have been too busy working on other projects to post to it regularly, and build backlinks to those posts.

blogging is more powerful with building up a following, rather than just getting seo for one time visitors.

when targeting keywords, I recommend only targeting one post per keyword. Google won't rank more than one page on your site for that keyword anyway. However, if you have similar topic posts, you can interlink them. and target similar keyword variations.

for example, if I write a 1000 word post on seo strategies, i might target one page with the keyword seo link building tips, and one post on seo link building strategies... ( did not check the keywords for search volumes, just making up an example off the top of my head). This way I target two distinct keyword phrases, and interlink the two so that people who read one will check out the other.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

heather22
Trust:
thanks that was very helpful
Heather L Mackey
Affilorama Newbie:)

This topic was started on Jun 07, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.