Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

audio sales pitch

nates450r
Trust:

audio sales pitch

hi guys i have a question about audio on a affiliate site

in the past several months i have and im sure you have noticed alot of (affiliate & merchant websites) started using audio on there home pages. explaining the product(s)

i have recently added audio to one of my affiliate sites to try it out and see if it can increase my sales

now to the question.......but there is probally not a right or wrong answer
i have the audio set to play (auto) when ever my landing page is loaded. is it possible that this can turn off the visiter? or does it promote them to stay on the site and listen???

would it be better to give the vister the option to (press play) If they want to listen to the message???
(I GUESS THIS IS A MIND CONTROL QUESTION)

also what are your results using audio vs not using on your site? (SALES)

thanks,
Nathan
PremiumMember
whistlerh
Trust:
Nate,

I am not sure how your are driving traffic to your site, but if you are using PPC with adwords you may want to test two pages, one that runs on auto-play and one that requires the the visitor to take the action of playing the audio. Though I don't use audio alone on my sites i do use videos. I have use google website optimizer to split test pages. I have found auto play, if nothing else it can really lower my bounce rate and boost CTR of that page...not necessarily sales conversion rate. What I have found with pages that require the visitor to take action is that my CTR is not as high. But because the visitors that do listen to my calls to action and start the videos tend to follow my other calls to actions and convert into sales very well.

If you are going to opt for letting the visitor toggle the audio, make sure you have a highly visible and direct call to action. Letting the visitor know what you exactly how you want them to interact with your page. Don' t leave them guessing about what action to take.

Your statement about there being no right or wrong answer is exactly right. It is going to be a matter of testing to see what works for your site and niche.

Here are some useful links to Google Website Optimizer http://services.google.com/training/websiteoptimizeroverview and http://www.google.com/support/websiteoptimizer/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55898

Whistler
nates450r
Trust:
thank you for the reply

This topic was started on May 06, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.