Affilorama Birthday
Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Targeting High Volume Keywords

beldin
Trust:

Targeting High Volume Keywords

Hey Gang...

I've been doing a lot of keyword research and come across words that have a faily high volume of searches on phrase and exact match. Competition on Traffic Travis shows as relatively easy and a manual review shows low backlinks and poor SEO. PPC ads on google show a good level of competition as well (BTW: how many ads on PPC is bad?), with estimated CPC over 1.50. A quick look at phrase match search shows less than 30K "competing" websites.

Does that usually add up to a good keyword or is sticking with lower volume searches better because the indication is that this niche doesn't pay out (hence the low competing pages).

If that's unclear (sure it is) let me know and I'll try to explain better.

Stephen
Stephen

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
If youre targeting organic search (as opposed to PPC) then high volume (over 1500 a month) is good, particularly if competition from other sites is not overly tough.

If you think you can get traffic, and convert that traffic then I say go for it. It's not the end of the world if it doesnt work - many affiliates try a whole bunch of keywords before striking a winner.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

This topic was started on Jan 23, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.