Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Base My Niche On A Product or Niche Area?

griser12
Trust:

Base My Niche On A Product or Niche Area?

Hello,

I've read on a few affiliate guides that it's better to find a niche based on a product name rather than on an area, for instance "Quit Smoking" as a niche is not as good as a product to quit smoking. Of course the product should have low competition and reasonable demand. Also, that it's better to have the product word included on your domain.

I've found a couple of potential good niches with low competition and good demand but these numbers are based on areas not on products.

Is one approach better than the other? and
Should I proceed with these niches?

Thanks,
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi there,

If you focus on building your site to promote just one product, then you are immediately limiting your earning potential!

In the Affiloblueprint course, I teach people to choose a niche and then promote a number of different, related products. This is for two reasons: (1) So you can promote the most relevant product for each page on your site (e.g. on a page targeting the keyword 'stop dog biting' you might want to promote the guide that has the most information on aggressive dogs and stopping barking. For a page about 'stop dog jumping' you might promote another dog obedience guide that is more relevant to this topic.) and (2) so you can make repeat sales from your newsletter. For example, every 5 newsletters you might want to promote a different product to your list - you'll find that some people will buy several.

Hope that clarifies why it's best to choose a niche with several products to promote and not just focus on one product.

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

griser12
Trust:
Thanks Mark, I appreciate your valuable feedback

This topic was started on Aug 06, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.