Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Advice please on using similar keywords

leisuresouthside
Trust:

Advice please on using similar keywords

Hi,

Just looking at getting into a new niche and looking at the key words the niche has great search numbers( over 10,000 searches in U.S.A on exact match for over 25 keywords and the highest % in trafic travis is 28%) but the only thing is that my key words are all dates (Eg. 2weeks,4weeks,6weeks,8 weeks 10 weeks etc).

I have learnt in the course it is wise to spice things up and not put in the same keyword over and over again (The word Weeks). Do you think that the search engines will feanalize me for this .

The url doesn't have the dates involved and also the picture tags will be related keywords but my headings are all dates as this is what the need to access promtly.

Please if you could give any advice that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
lee
digiblue
Trust:
Are the dates keyword modifiers. For example: "lose weight 2 weeks," "learn touch typing 4 weeks," "stop smoking 8 weeks" etc? Is this what you mean by they're all dates?

If so, you can definitely use these keywords without getting penalized. Why would you? But you also need to think of the user experience. If there is just a bunch of posts that are very closely related, then that might not go down well with your target audience. So my advice, mix things up by including other keyword targeted content that is different than those that are focused on the dates.

I hope that helps,

Alex
leisuresouthside
Trust:
Thanks for the reply.

I will keep this in mind. I think Mark was saying if i"m doing the dog training niche and I have stop your dog barking then stop your dog digging then stop your dog biting it looks to the search enginers that I am over optimizing the site with same dominate keyword.(stop your dog ).

My Niche needs the dates 1 week apart and all the pages should get similar search number results by traffic travis research. If most of my keywords are in the low catergory and only 4 in the medium catergory with each keyword having over 10,000 serches on Exact in the USA. Does this sound like the basis of a winner. This is my first site.

Keen to hear feedback

Thanks

This topic was started on Jul 08, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.