Affilorama Birthday
Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

3 word phrase vs 2 word phrase and grammar

green6771
Trust:

3 word phrase vs 2 word phrase and grammar

I think I might be over complicating things but I have a question nonetheless.

When I am looking at my keywords, I can find many good 2 word phrases that have high search counts and according to Traffic Travis, are easy to rank for. However, the 2 words don't actually make grammatical sense and I am wondering how the writers are going to use these phrases if they don't make sense.

However, if I add "and" or "for" or another linking word to make the phrase more grammatically correct (and in my mind at least, more logical), the search count is lower (but still easy to rank for).

As such, I am not sure which phrase to choose when faced with this option. Will the 3 word phrase pick up the 2 word phrase when searched for? Or vice versa? How do search engines work in such situations?

If I select the 2 word phrase, does the writer have to use the phrase exactly even if it is hard to get into a sentence?? I'm not sure how to proceed with this and would appreciate any help.

Thanks so much,

Jesse
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Common words such as "a", "the", "and" were classified as stop words before. These are words that search engines ignores. However, Google and MSN has started indexing stop words during the last quarter of 2007. You could read this blog if you want more information.

But you don't really have to worry about these common words since they have little effect on your site's ranking. What I suggest is that you choose which of the linking words you should use so that your article will sound natural and use those 3-word keywords on your content. Then you could apply the 2-word keywords, on your page name and title.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

green6771
Trust:
Thanks Michelle!

This topic was started on Dec 12, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.