You will find the latest news and what is happening at Affilorama here. Any new announcements will be posted here before anywhere else.

What I do and don't like about Affilorama

redspan
Trust:

What I do and don't like about Affilorama

I found Affilorama in March of this year. I was impressed and did a few of the free courses, but quickly signed up for Blueprint.

I've experimented with affiliate marketing and had a little success, but not much. I needed a clear path to follow.

I worked through Blueprint, took notes, and resolved to do it right. Then I realised that I would be short of time with a full time job so I bought Jetpack to help with the site setup etc.

So today I have five sites; two authority sites in operation and three squeeze page sites that need further work to complete them. I went for the authority site first because I wanted to lay foundations that would prove productive long term.

As well as the one-off costs and subscription to Affilorama I've also spent a lot on content writers, Wordpress developers, and Facebook adverts.

I've made no sales and I've got barely 100 subscribers in total. However, as I can't commit to this full time I don't see that as failure. I just have to keep going.

What I've learned

It takes up more time than you think
It costs more money than you think
It's hard to keep going at times

What I like about Affilorama

The training material
The support is really good
The fact that it's being developed and improved

What I don't like about Affilorama

The default Affilotheme - looks dated and I've had to hire Wordpress developers to replace mine
The upsells - don't want to buy anything else thanks. Spent enough already.
The support - it's not the quickest. Sometimes you have to wait a while

Suggestions for Affilorama

Replace that theme with something really new and modern and make it free to Jetpack customers
Provide one to one coaching sessions by the hour over the phone or Skype. People would pay for that. I would be great to talk to someone and get an honest opinion instead of waiting 48 hours for a reply to a forum comment.

Would I recommend Affilorama?

Yes, definitely, but I would also warn people not to underestimate the time, money, and commitment it takes to succeed.
service
Trust:
Hello,
and welcome to affiliate marketing.
Well said and I agree, but keep at it (if you have the time) and success will eventually happen.
Good luck
MM
rdunn777
Trust:
I agree wholeheartedly with your critique of Affilorama. It certainly is a great start for someone like me who has no background in internet marketing. My main problem with the system is that support needs a lot of improvement. Some of the pointers which they claim are easy, is not really easy for a newbie. A one-on-one tutor is what I need the most, not for a years commitment at thousands of dollars per year but someone to hire on an hourly basis to guide me and critique my errors and ommissions. RD
Site Admin
maryt
Trust:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the honest feedback :)

I agree that it really takes time and effort to succeed in Affilojetpack; but the same can also be said to any other courses in affiliate marketing.

Success in affiliate marketing does not happen overnight. I also agree that there will be times that you feel you're giving up on everything you've started because you feel that it is not working, the course is overwhelming, or everything costs too much already. But this is exactly why we also provide members the video on The Millionaire Mindset Upgrade and require them to watch it before starting with the course. The video is about staying on the course for as long as you can and utilizing everything the course has to offer. Success in affiliate marketing also depends a lot on your state of mind. You need to stay positive all the time, even on your weakest times. You have to accept that there will be a lot of hardships, mistakes and costs along the way. But all of these things are not to be taken negatively. These things teach you all the hard lessons that you need to establish yourself in affiliate marketing. And you are not alone on this, all affiliate marketers also go the same thing even if they are already established marketers.

For Affilotheme, if you find the theme very simple you can always use the free Thrive plugin that we have for all AJP members. The thrive plugin lets you add more custom pages to your existing Affilotheme. If you have not looked into this yet, you can refer to our Jetpack Help section and at the bottom you can see all the thrive video lessons on Thrive. But of course, you always have the option to switch to a theme that you prefer.

For support, we do answer inquiries through email. Email replies are sent within 12 hours or at the most 24 hours upon receipt of the ticket. But there are also times that it takes a while for us to answer because the support is swamped with a lot of inquiries. We are working hard to get to everyone asap. So if this is the case, please bear with us. Alternatively, you can also chat with us. There is a chat icon on the lower right side of the Affilorama page that you can easily click to start chatting with our support. The chat support is available only during office hours- Mon-Fri from 11AM-7PM, New Zealand.

I also would just like to clear out that there are no upsells in Affilojetpack. You can start with the course and finish your website without any add-on costs. The only extras you need to avail to finish the Jetpack are 1. the domain and 2. the autoresponder (which you can add anytime).
Not sure which Affilorama tool you need? Take the quiz! http://www.affilorama.com/redirect/quiz

Web: http://www.affilorama.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/affilorama
Facebook: http://www.affilorama.com/facebook

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~Sidhhartha Guatama

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Ben,

We appreciate the feedback and have taken note of your suggestions.

My response concerns one on one coaching.

Provide one to one coaching sessions by the hour over the phone or Skype. People would pay for that. I would be great to talk to someone and get an honest opinion instead of waiting 48 hours for a reply to a forum comment.

We understand where you are coming from, but one on one coaching is not our focus. Our focus is on providing high quality educational training and software development.

We understand that some people want more than this which is why we have partnered with Mike Long to be able to provide you the best private coaching service.

For more information, you may visit Affilorama's Private Coaching page.

Hope that helps. All the best!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

Site Admin
danmattsonmarketing
Trust:
Interesting topic! Thought I might add my own personal viewpoint.

I've been an AffiloJetpack/AffiloBlueprint user for close to 2 years. Back when I started, I knew essentially nothing about building websites, and barely understood what the word "affiliate" even meant.

I threw myself into everything, and shortly after setting up my first AJP site and driving my first real batch of traffic, I'd made $1273 and 1300 subscribers in a single night, while I was sleeping, and over $1400 by the end of that 24 hour period. (I put up a post on it in the Jetpack forum back when it happened, if anyone wants to check it out).

Not claiming to be a pro now, but I've learnt a lot since then, and based on that, these are my responses to the topics mentioned in the original post on this thread. Keep in mind these are my personal opinions :)

It takes up more time than you think
That depends on what your expectations are when you start. For me, I'd already tried and failed at offline marketing for over a year prior, so I was no stranger to hard work.
However, when I started on AJP and ABP, I was able to turn it on pretty fast. (That said, I was probably putting in 3-4 hours AFTER finishing work each day, probably due to my obsessive and addictive personality.)

It costs more money than you think
Again, it's a matter of expectation and interpretation. Realistically, you could get away with spending less than $30 a month, and still have a site that draws a lot of traffic and sales. The tradeoff is that you have to learn to do a lot of things for yourself, like blogging, creating youtube videos, facebook fan pages, engaging with the audience, etc.
I know that for any sites that I personally build now, the cost analysis for a startup looks something like this:
Domain - $10
Hosting - $5/mo (or I use my existing hosting package that I run other sites off, at no extra cost)
Autoresponder: $15/mo (could get away with a cheaper one if need be)
Theme: $0 (use free ones)
Plugins: $0 (use free ones)
Traffic: $0+ (use free methods)
FB Page: $0
Youtube Channel: $0
Twitter: $0

Total: $30 upfront, and $20/mo. Not bad for a business. Compare it to opening your own hardware store, restaurant, book store, factory, car dealership, or pretty much anything else. Not many businesses can be started on an extreme shoestring budget like this.

It's hard to keep going at times
I absolutely agree. But you have to keep in mind... the ones who DO keep going, are the ones who end up being successful.
No successful marketer ever reached the level they're at by giving up

The default Affilotheme - looks dated and I've had to hire Wordpress developers to replace mine
AffiloTheme is not necessarily the ultimate in themes... but it was never meant to be. It's something to help get people off the ground. My first Jetpack site (the one which made $1273 overnight) was built on AffiloTheme... in fact, it still is!
But you're not limited to AffiloTheme. There's thousands of others out there, and everyone is free to experiment as they please.

The upsells - don't want to buy anything else thanks. Spent enough already.
If upsells didn't exist, you might never have known about AffiloJetpack in the first place :)

The support - it's not the quickest. Sometimes you have to wait a while
The non-instant replies are a tradeoff for the quality of information you receive. Every email they send is personally handcrafted, and not just a template shoved in your face like many other companies.

Suggestions for Affilorama... Provide one to one coaching sessions by the hour over the phone or Skype.
This is a tricky one. I've seen it before, and I've been involved in it myself, where people think that having a coach means automatic success. But it's far from reality.
People need to be able to execute plans (eg. the ABP/AJP training). If they can't, then a coach isn't going to be of much use, because it'll just mean more instructions that aren't executed.
My suggestion would be to follow everything to the letter, and if extra guidance is needed above and beyond that, it probably wouldn't be too hard to find someone throughout these forums who'd be willing to give assistance, or even offer their own version of coaching.

I would be great to talk to someone and get an honest opinion instead of waiting 48 hours for a reply to a forum comment.
Please, please, don't sit on your hands while you wait for a reply on the forums. There's ALWAYS things that can be done while you wait. Your website is never "finished", and can be constantly improved forever. Spend that time wisely, and then when you do finally receive a reply, you've accomplished extra tasks in that time.

Anyway, great topic, and I look forward to seeing what others have to say :)
Free tips and advice from my own affiliate marketing experience - http://www.**************.com (Coming Soon)

mbbuproject
Trust:
I love Affilorama!
But, well said my friend. Now check this out "The path to success is to take MASSIVE DETERMINED ACTION". If it was easy to achieve financial success or personal success, everyone would be doing it. Firs ask the universe for it, take massive and aggressive action and you will find it.
Imagine that you are in a room with another person. Their is a loaded gun in the middle of the room. You and the other person have a great idea and he/she is basically your competition in business, but only one of you must prevail. "Will "YOU" pick up the gun?
Cheers.
vqaa
Trust:
Hi
I agree with the theme, its out dated and needs serious improvement. there is no way a modern website can be built with it it

I have been with affilo since almost the beginning and am worried it is falling behind.
We only need to see the lack of activity in forums at present to see that

Some serious thought should be put into updated training

I personally feel Mark is neglecting his flagship and seriously wonder if he wants to advance it, at present it seems there is just an occasional launch of the same product
Site Admin
danmattsonmarketing
Trust:
vqaa wrote:Hi
I agree with the theme, its out dated and needs serious improvement. there is no way a modern website can be built with it it

I have been with affilo since almost the beginning and am worried it is falling behind.

I personally feel Mark is neglecting his flagship and seriously wonder if he wants to advance it, at present it seems there is just an occasional launch of the same product

I'm sorry, but that's simply a terrible attitude to have.

There are hundreds (if not thousands) of people using AffiloTheme very successfully, and Mark and his team have helped a LOT of people generate a LOT of wealth. I know this first-hand.

Not sure why you think the theme is "falling behind", but if you're willing to put 30 minutes of research, you'll find that you can in fact create sites that look just as modern as any others. It all comes down to your own creative ability - something no theme will magically fix for you.

Very disappointed to read what you're saying, and I hope other people have the sense to look beyond flashy things, and start to realise just how valuable the business teachings of Affilorama really are. Put them to work (for real), and see if there's much to complain about once it's up and running.

And just remember, "It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools"
Free tips and advice from my own affiliate marketing experience - http://www.**************.com (Coming Soon)

vqaa
Trust:
I thought I would get this kind of reply, It was meant to be constructive and helpful

As I said I have been with affilo a long time, and do not need personal attacks and please dont council me on what I should or should not do or say

I have had great success with affilo and feel that it should progress further
I also have have had many years experience building wordpress themes

Your comments are ill informed , assumptive and derogatory, I do not blame tools, my thoughts are for inexperienced ones who need to know how to progress,
Site Admin
danmattsonmarketing
Trust:
vqaa wrote:As I said I have been with affilo a long time, and do not need personal attacks and please dont council me on what I should or should not do or say...

Your comments are ill informed , assumptive and derogatory

I haven't provided "council" as to what you should or shouldn't say. I just stated that I was disappointed with the blatantly obvious attitude that your publicly flaunting within Affilorama's own forum.

There's nothing constructive or helpful about what you've said, all you've done is take a swing at Mark (whether you deny it or not)

vqaa
Trust:
You seem to have appointed yourself as the self protector and judge of affilorama,, and it seems others are not entitled to comment constructively unless it is in agreement with your attitude and thoughts

I have provided much feedback over the years and have never had any trouble with Mark listening to our thoughts on how we can provide assistance for affilorama
You really do need to not attack the persons feedback

Please provide your profile so that I can talk to you
Site Admin
danmattsonmarketing
Trust:
Profile for what?

I don't see why your opinion should hold any more weight than mine.

I was never attacking you, or being derogatory as you claimed. I was simply pointing out, for anyone else who might stumble across this thread, that AffiloTheme is not the disgrace some are trying to claim it is

vqaa
Trust:
I never have or will say affilorama is a disgrace and nor has anyone else here, as i stated I have had success and find it is still one of the best around however I feel after doing affiliate marketing for long time ,the dynamic is changing,

after all affilo has gone from version one to three keeping up to date and with google and social media changing the face of internet marketing, maybe we need to look at it, for the sake of new members success,

This thread is about what you like and dont like about affilorama, not about others thoughts on those opinions

There are for and against feedback by all contributors and i for one respect their opinion and move on for the better

I have started friends on affilo and find after they learn the basics, they become lost and so would like to see more up to date advanced training

Maybe affilo could take some surveys

I personally dont want to see ,in my opinion, rubbish sites like wealthy affiliate and rip off gurus programs influence genuine people who want to build a website business,
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
vqaa wrote:Hi

I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed with the current Affilotheme. We have made strides in improving Affilotheme and believe that it contains all the necessary bells and whistles affiliate marketers need in a Wordpress theme.

There aren't much going on here in the general forum area. We are trying to liven it up, but most of our members are busy with the websites, and most of them interact from within Affiloblueprint or Affilojetpack members only.

We have updated the website several times this year. The support page have been updated, as well as a few of the free lessons.

Affilojetpack has gone through major updates and the same is true for Affiloblueprint. If you have one, or both, then please check them as there have been changes in the training material.

Rest assured that Mark has not left. He is in the middle of several different projects right now.

I appreciate your feedback. If you have suggestions on how to make Affilotheme better, or how to improve the Affilorama site and forums, anything that you think will make Affilorama better, then please let us know. You may post it on our Feedback site.

All the best!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

onlineprofit
Trust:
Hi everybody!
Even though no long ago I have been on Affilorama forum reading and writing comments and threads,I have already found something that should hold me to stay following Affilorama's training.

Imagine! I am saying this while I only fallow the free courses and the forum they have,I hope the paid ones are much worth to pay for and then after to take advantage of as an affiliate.

Thank you very much Affilorama company again for all of your services you provide on this website,and for the ones offline if available.
Where should I start my online business? Start from here and avoid scammers, learn from successful entrepreneurs:
>>> https://ko296.isrefer.com/go/ssm002/onlineprofit/

Learn how internet marketing works:
>>> https://mcrmgo.com/go/freebook3/2390/9

See which course has helped a lot of entrepreneurs to build their businesses successfully online:
>>> https://ko296.isrefer.com/go/pac/onlineprofit/

kinni
Trust:
Indeed, Affilorama is very good, very good staff, P.R. very good. Expenses- stay smart, stay and you won't be disappointing. Waiting for the success; it may come, it might not. The fault is not with Affilorama. Stop detecting a fault, where it is coming from. Use that energy, of detection, in a positive way in creating more opportunity for you. Never stop. Stay healthy. Keep floating with moments. Stay awakened. Meditate. Let us talk and Let us explore together
Ashok Sinha

nefars
Trust:
This thread pushed my decision process to not purchase the blueprint.
antwerp203
Trust:
What's not to like about Affilorama? I may be a new member of this forum but I already noticed how helpful the staffs are in answering different queries from forum members. I looked into most of the threads I've visited and so far they are all giving smart answers to members... Keep it up!:)
Get to know more on how to effectively earn money through affiliate marketing here:

http://bit.ly/2EPitwC

magentoocodewire2015
Trust:
It's amazing to read about the Affilorama. From the beginning, I had learned am a lot from this and yes, I also resolve some of the huge big issues. Thanks for sharing your views with us.

This topic was started on Jun 24, 2016 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.