You will find the latest news and what is happening at Affilorama here. Any new announcements will be posted here before anywhere else.

Problem Siloing Posts with AB theme 2

jmendez
Trust:

Problem Siloing Posts with AB theme 2

Hi,

Need help please. The website is http://babyplaypensandcribs.com
I am using AB theme 2.

Here's the problem.

I am trying to Silo the posts so I created the category "Graco Playpens". I already have 2 posts under that category.
Posts are:

Best Graco Playpens
Graco Modern Pack n Play Playard with Bassinet and Changer

The problem is when I do the siloing both posts and any subsequent post I make under the category "Graco Playpens" redirect to the post "Graco modern pack n play playard with bassinet and changer"

Please check the site and see that if you click on both posts the same article appears.

Anybody had the same problem? And how do I correct this?

Thanks for your help
sheepfarmer
Trust:
I am not familiar with the AB theme 2 but have siloed quite a bit with the first AB theme. I did everything with pages and not posts and put them under parent and not categories. There is the chance that my reply is not even in the ballpark of your question so if it isn't please disregard.
Give somebody a hug>> http://www.cafepress.com/artbyemily1

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
it worked fine for me. not sure where you are having a problem. I would recommend setting up with all article views until you have more content on your site though. I usually set up the categories early on, but dont actually turn siloing on until i get 30-40 articles on the site. otherwise it just looks empty

sheepfarmer, the new theme goes with using posts rather than pages, and uses categories for siloing.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

jmendez
Trust:
Siloing solved. I used affilotheme 3 and it worked perfect. The problem I'm having right now are the titles. Posts show these titles

Baby Playpens and Cribs » Blog Archive » Graco Modern Pack n Play Playard....

It always has that "Blog archive" thing when it should be showing the post title as the title.

I'm using Greg's high performance SEO plugin instead of All in one SEO pack. You think that's the problem? I've been tinkering the settings but I'm still getting those kind of titles.

http://babyplaypensandcribs.com/graco-playpens/graco-modern-pack-n-play-playard-with-bassinet-and-changer/

Look at the post above and look at the title.

Last edited by sydney on 16 Nov 10 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed broken link

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
blog posts older than a month old are archived by default. some seo plugins have the ability to turn off archiving, not sure if yours does or not, never used it.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

This topic was started on Aug 26, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.