You will find the latest news and what is happening at Affilorama here. Any new announcements will be posted here before anywhere else.

Oh - where to start...;-)

nfldiablo
Trust:

Oh - where to start...;-)

Hi All - brand new to the site (only first heard of affiliates 2 weeks ago - so i mean NEW)....I've gone through the basic lesson info and was going to do some research on clickbank.....Just looking for advice on registering; do you use your real name/ business name - something made up? for the registration nickname ( it indicates it is permanent but what people will "see" when communicating with you - but different from the billing info - that CAN be changed)....also I'm in Canada - any suggestions for knowing which programs are /are not or worse are not legal in Canada? Thanks!
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
I just use my normal personal details in Clickbank. Nobody sees it, except Clickbank.

Your nickname / ID can appear in someone's address bar when they click on your affiliate link, so make it something reasonably anonymous.

For most affiliate programs, it doesn't matter a whole lot where you're physically located. Some affiliate programs have restrictions on certain countries that have a high incidence of fraud, but Canada won't be one of those. Also Amazon won't accept affiliates in certain US states, but again... Canada isn't one of those :)

I don't imagine that affiliate marketing would be illegal anywhere. I reckon you're just fine. And you're definitely fine with Clickbank products.

Affilorama is based in New Zealand, so we do pretty well despite not being in the US :)
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

brad9
Trust:
Welcome to the forum!

I'd recommend using a business name so that you can begin building your brand recognition straight away. That will be important as you build your clientele & keep them coming back...since you want to be somewhat anonymous online, but you certainly do not want your brand/site to be anonymous!

Also, I don't think you should have a hard time finding affiliate programs that you CAN use in Canada...sometimes it's challenging to find products or services that you WANT to have listed on your site & you may have to do a bit of searching at first to find good ones.
Good luck!
B]Check Out Our Software Affiliate Program at Boost Affiliates
Now offering $150 bonuses for first 5 sales.
Up to 90% in commissions, Low refund rate (below 5%), chargeback rate at .5%.
http://bit.ly/1j56o5G

This topic was started on Aug 13, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.