Affilorama Birthday
You will find the latest news and what is happening at Affilorama here. Any new announcements will be posted here before anywhere else.

No Internet in Egypt

faradina
Trust:

No Internet in Egypt

What's going on in Egypt is really sad. They have actually shut down the Internet, which is to me virtually the very essence of freedom of speech in this techno-world. They blocked access to Facebook and Twitter last week, and now they have blocked everything. Can you imagine not having access to the Internet and Facebook and Twitter?

Egypt's Last ISP, Noor Group, Vanishes from 'Net
PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
No I cannot imagine being without internet connection neither FB or Twitter. But all in all it just goes to show how extremly powerful social media is and what a powerful tool it is for those countries without freedom of speach or democracy. For instance in Egypt they can not shut down Internet for too long it would be a disaster for the tourism that is probably their biggest income factor, and everyday biz as well. And this is good for people in countries without democracy because then they cannot simply close down their freedom of speach in the long run, would hurt the countries too much :)

I really think this is going to be as changing Time as when the Berlin wall went down in early 1989-90 when both sovjet union(old russia) and other Eastern Europe countries went down and got democracy.

I read also on the news today that they are actually scared of this in China as well that it could potentially inspire people to riots so they have blocked out words like "Egypt" from some News Sites and Micro blogs.
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

wollowra
Trust:
I usually don't like getting into political discussions but yes it is sad.
You would think if the PEOPLE do not want the president there.. then he should step down out of respect for the people.
But some people are so self absorbed and naive that they can not see the nose in front of their face.
People like that need to be removed ASAP.
Ok Troy Back to work..lol

T :)
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

stefan1601
Trust:
That guy is already over 80. I guess the taste of power and authority is just too much to let go even though you already so close to your end
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
He's in power for about 3 decades now and he either needs to initiate massive reforms or just go on exile. It's quite interesting that the Egyptian government was able to shut down the internet completely in just few a days (or hours, probably). Analysts say this is due to the fact that they have fewer ISPs there which means fewer redundancy and connections to the international backbones.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

faradina
Trust:
The good news is that Egypt is back online.

The bad news is that the Egypt action may spread Internet kill switch idea.
stefan1601
Trust:
Well, nowadays you can overthrow a government by using Facebook and Twitter. Bet Mark Z didn't see this coming

This topic was started on Feb 01, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.