You will find the latest news and what is happening at Affilorama here. Any new announcements will be posted here before anywhere else.

Get Free .Com Domain For a Year

flashcraft
Trust:

Get Free .Com Domain For a Year

I got this email alert from ShoutMeLoud.com today. It's for a free .com domain for the first year offered by 1&1 Hosting and only good for the rest of this month (May 2010). Here's the link: *broken link*
Last edited by sydney on 04 Jun 10 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken link

deman40
Trust:
Thanks
neville77
Trust:
Nice. Any money for coffees I can save is good. Might have to use this one for 1waylinks.

Cheers!
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
There's a lot of hosting companies that offer free domain registration for the first year. Some even offer free domain registration for life, or technically, free domain renewal every year so long as you stay with them.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

faradina
Trust:
I tested the 1and1 free .com offer. It really works. I did not have to buy anything to take advantage of it. Even the private registration was free!
Registration of the domain took a bit of time but the DNS resolved to my nameservers pretty quickly.
Now I have a domain name that I do not really need and I simply pointed it to a site that's pre-made. Well, it's for free anyway. I hope I'll be able to put it to good use.
flashcraft
Trust:
Thanks, faradina.
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
Oh.. this is cool! :) I thought you have to purchase a hosting account before you can take advantage of the free domain registration but I just tried it today and it worked. I'm still waiting for the confirmation though, it says I should wait for an email within 24 hours. By the way, we might have to watch out for automated re-billings in the future.

Thanks flashcraft!
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:

flashcraft
Trust:
Hi mikeantiga, thanks for checking it out. You're right about automatic re-billings. Seems like they'll rebill at $8.99 next year or possibly more with the price of .COM & .NET domains going up.
I think I read somewhere that on July 1, 2010, VeriSign®, the registry for .COM and .NET, will increase prices – .COM will go up 7%, and .NET by 10%. Oh well, still a pretty good deal.
faradina
Trust:
You bet it's a pretty good deal; it's FREE! And the good news is that the free .com domain offer has been extended. So if you are looking to save on a year's registration fee for a new .com domain, go get it now.
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
The promo is still on! 5 days left. 1&1 .com free for one year offer

faradina
Trust:
The free .com for 1 year promo is over but they do have another promo that is very good, too. You get 12 months free hosting if you sign up for 2 years for their home package. There's just a US$4.99 setup fee which you need to pay upon sign up. You get 2 free domains as long as you keep your package, 150GB web space, and unlimited monthly transfer volume.
pzenji
Trust:
thanks for this. am gona try it now!
I'm not here to sell you anything but glad to help whenever I can only through Pivate Msg.

This topic was started on May 26, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.