You will find the latest news and what is happening at Affilorama here. Any new announcements will be posted here before anywhere else.

Did I get sand boxed?

unit
Trust:

Did I get sand boxed?

Hi everyone,

I'm assuming I got sand boxed here? For what ever reason I've lost all my backlinks and rankings for one of my sites? That site was doing well too!!

I guess my only question now is what do I do now? Any help would be much appreciated?

Thank you
Unit
Discover the inside secrets of winning the lottery at www.masterluck.com

back-links
Trust:
If your website was "sand boxed" then just keep building backlinks to that website. It will eventually come out of the sand box.
Get .EDU backlinks or other needed backlinks to promote your website - - - http://www.googlecashincome.info

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Continue on with your SEO work for now. This could be what is referred to as the "Google Dance". There are other members who have experienced it too. More information on the Google Sandbox is available at SE Roundtable
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

gdikakabong
Trust:
What kind of links were they? profile, articles, etC?
jcdean
Trust:
I have two blogs in the box now, one is in for the second time. first time it took the months to come out. I just keep the links going and add content once a week and hope for the best.
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

unit
Trust:
Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the replies. But now I'm really confused to what's going on here?

TT picks up no back links to this site (when just last week I had 1100) which is weird? Seems like Yahoo has dropped all my back links or something? (Back links are a mixture of articles, blogs, word-press, forums, etc....)

I had @ 30 keywords in the top of Google which now are all 90 or worse, but the whole site is still indexed? Weird thing is I'm still getting like 20 visits a day from Google? odd because everything seems to be on page 9 or worse?

I can't really tell if this is a Google dance or I've been sand boxed? I know one thing it really stinks because I was finally making real money with this second site.

I guessing there is nothing I can do but keep on building back links and adding fresh content. Just wish I knew what was going on so I could avoid this in the future?

It has only been 4 days, so maybe this will turn around quickly? Anybody else experienced something like this? Is this being sand boxed or does this sound more like the Google dance to you?

Thanks again everyone,
Unit

kakaboo
Trust:
traffic travis is currently having some problems, i am getting no results for some sites too , but when I use something else like seo spyglass and yahoo site explorer i get some backlinks, so you might want to double check
jcdean
Trust:
If your pages are still coming up in Google for you key words then you are not in the sand box.

If your stop dog from barking page is coming up on page 9 for stop dog from barking then you are not in the sand box.

If your stop dog from digging page is coming up in Google for stop dog from barking just because it has a stop dog from barking link in the text, you are sand boxed my friend.

Hope that make since. When you are sand box you are more or less dinied rank for your main key words.

The 200 hit a day could be comeing from the other search engines, forum sigs, or google images, BTW.
Respect,
J.C. Dean

unit
Trust:
Hi all,

Well I guess there is no doubt now, I have been sand boxed for whatever reason. I just posting today to give everyone a small bit of encouragement if this ever happens to you.

Considering I had no idea what i was doing when I started IM, I just followed all of Marks advice and many other people's here at Affilorama ( thanks to everyone by the way).

I had always heard being sand boxed meant you were site was dead until Google decided you could get back in the pool again. And that you should have a marketing strategy that ensured you weren't relying on just Google for all your traffic. Well even though I had thought that I could never get sand boxed I did as I was told.

So here I am, sand boxed, and now I am realizing that even though I have taken a big hit in traffic and sales, I'm still making money. Not as much as I was but still 200 a week with no help from Google and on top of that all my articles and blogs are still ranked first page in Google so they are helping me even if they don't want too.

You know sometimes it was frustrating to me to have my articles and blogs beating my actual website, even though I knew it wasn't a bad thing, I just wanted my site to be above all the other stuff. And even though I felt like taking the time to build back links to articles, blogs, etc.. was a waste of time, I'm so glad I did it now.

I just wanted all the newbies out there to know if you follow the great advice you receive hear at Affilorama that you will build a asset that will survive and still make money even if Google doesn't want you to. Build your traffic sources from so many places that no one thing can completely shut you down. All your hard work WILL pay off. it's not overnight but it works.

Good Luck To All
Unit

jcdean
Trust:
That's the spirit!

If you never stop walking down the yellow brick road you will eventually get to Oz.

I am so tired of playing in the sand myself, that I have been reading up on banner advertising. They say that most web traffic dosn't come from Google.

Thinking about taking my bat and ball and playing in another park.

Does anyone know if Mark has ever discussed the Sand box effect in a blog post or forum post? Love to read it if he has.
Respect,
J.C. Dean

This topic was started on May 19, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.